Wednesday, December 26, 2007

First time at Pasta De Waraku Central

It was just after Christmas, back to work. Perhaps still feeling the need to pamper ourselves, (oso bought over $91 worth of clothes for Blamer, need to get her to treat me back) we decided to have lunch at Pasta De Waraku located at Central Shopping Mall.

I have long wanted to try this but everytime we came, there was always a long queue. Maybe it was year end, no much of a lunch crowd... We even managed to get a window seat overlooking the Singapore River.

See me in my work wear with tie and all... ...

Think Blamer's dressing is a bit slack for work right?

Anywaz, the food...

I think every order of a main dish comes with a small bowl of salad as appetiser. Quite like the dressing on the salad, not your normal thousand island, but what I think is a soy sauce base dressing.

This is our side dish, think it is called crispy tofu cubes or something like tat. Taste like twisters to me, or those Jap junk food. Not bad as a munchy over drinks or something.

Blamer ordered this Spicy Prawn Cabonara. Notice the red pile of stuff on top, it's the chilli, really unique way of presentation yeh? And if u were to look closely enuf, u shld be able to spot a semi-liquid egg yolk underneath the red pile of chilli, Blamer totally missed it initially, until she scrapped away the chilli. The pasta is a bit hard, but I find it chewy. Very flavourful, sauce is thick and prawns succulent. Value for money I would think, and definitely filling.

My order is the Seafood Gratin, with scallops, prawns and squids. I think this really taste not bad. Very cheesy, although the bowl is relatively small compare with the ones they used to contain the pasta, the quantity is actually just nice. Sauce is milky with a zest of tomato so that you wun get kind of sick from all the milk and cheese. Thumbs up for this dish. Although I read on some other reviews that the Scallop and Crab Roe Gratin is also a must try.


And if u haven notice by now... Dun u think all the pics came out pretty nicely? Very clear and sharp? Ha ha ha, all these taken by my trusty Sony Ericsson K810i Camera Phone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails