Saturday, December 22, 2007

Footprints in London - Arrival for Training Week

3 Nov - 9 Nov 2007

Prelude: Adventurous Journey to Heathrow Terminal 3

I embarked on my first ever journey (alone) to London for my training at HQ. 14 hrs flight on-board SQ was quite tough - couldn't really sleep nor eat. I alighted from the plane and stepped into an almost-empty airport + arrival hall. This is how shagged I was when I arrived at Heathrow Terminal 3 at 6am (London time)

Went to take the Heathrow Connect to Paddington station, since it was relatively cheaper at 6.90 pounds, instead of Heathrow Express, which costs almost 15 pounds. However, I had to wait 15 mins in the cold for the train to come, %^*$@$^. Should have taken the Express train instead, since this expense is on company's tab.
(PS: the train in the picture is the Express train, since I was getting bored waiting for the Connect train to come)

Finally, my train came and here's the first glimpse of London as the train came out from the underground ...

Alighted at Paddington station and crossed over to take the Underground (our version of MRT) to Liverpool station. OMG, there were no escalators and I had to carry my luggage + backpack +laptop bag up and down the flight of stairs *faint* Finally, reached my hotel after like 15 mins of walk from the station (got a little lost, but turned out that I was on the right track all along). Had to wait in the lobby since there were no rooms for me to check in yet. Totally shagged out!

I was staying at the Crowne Plaza hotel, which costs a freaking 200 pounds per night *faint* Luckily the company is paying for this. Since the room is so freaking expensive, must take pictures :

Quite a decent room, but it's certainly is not worth the price tag. I was pretty amused by the mini bar. All the drinks in the mini bar are electronically tagged to your card , whereby once the drinks are removed from the bar, the money will be charged to your card. The TV even "greeted" me when I switched it on to watch show.

Ordered room service, my first meal in London. I gathered that the serving will be pretty big, thus I ordered the kids' meal - spaghetti (cost 8 pounds). They included this tray charge - which is 2.50 pounds *faint*

I was eating my first meal and msn-ing with Leecher when he told me not to eat beef (cuz of mad-cow disease). At this point, I have finished my meal. Thanks Leecher for the warning |||

Took a nap and went out for dinner with Trevor and Nick + his brother and GF. No pictures, cuz I forgotten my camera, haha. Look out for my posting for the rest of the week =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails