Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sweet Tooth + Baby Shower

Canele Petisserie Chocolatier

Brought Leecher to this cafe, to let him sample some cakes which I think is quite nice. This cafe is located at the basement of Paragon (opposite Subway, if I remember correctly) Cosy little place with only 5-6 tables inside.

Presenting our orders:

Leecher ordered this Chocolate cake and its yummy. A bit on the sweet side, but still tastes good!

I ordered the Cookies Cheesecake, nice and love the cookies!

The cakes are slightly pricey, our total bill came to around 15 bucks. Wanted to try other cakes, but we were too full for anything else. Will definitely be back for more!

Bakerinz

Went to Bakerinz (my fave dessert place) to have some desserts, since I was craving for sweet stuff. We ordered the 3 tapas:

In love with creme brulee, I finished it myself (Leecher only managed to snatch a bite, haha)

Since Bakerinz doesn't serve water, Leecher decided to order this Citrus Cool drink. Tasted just like passionfruit, haha

Bought the cakes to celebrate the December babies bdae in the household (me + brother). Mummy instructed on 8 cakes, so that we will have a HUAT year (she didn't know that each cake costs an average of $6.50 each, thus the instructions on 8 cakes, haha)

Even the packaging is in Mummy's fave shade of purple. (there are only 6 cakes, the 2 chocolate cakes have vanished before I could take a picture of it)

Here are the 3 cakes that we have tasted: (can't really remember the names of the cakes)

The macaroon tastes too sweet on its own, while the raspberry tastes sour. When combined together, its not really that bad but I won't say that its that delicious as well.

This cake (I think its named desire) is definitely pretty to look at, couldn't bear to eat it in the first place. The flowers are made of white and dark chocolate and it tasted good. However, the cake is too "rough" and the chocolate is too sweet for our liking.

Personally, i think the mango cake is the best out of the 3, though Mummy thinks that the cakes are only pretty to look at, but not delicious and definitely not worth the price tag.

Well, quite disappointing with the cakes but I will still love Bakerinz for their wonderful desserts!

PS: for the other 3 cakes, didn't manage to take close-up pictures for they were given to my cousins when they came visiting.

Baby Shower for Little Isaac @ Pasir Ris

A belated baby shower was thrown for Isaac at downtown east chalet on 29 Dec 2007. Isaac is the first born of the 5th generation in the household (yes, my great-grandmother is still around and I am the 4th generation, haha)

Look at how cute he is =) Leecher carried him when he was fast asleep, while I quickly snapped the pictures first before he wakes up. He now weighs around 5kg and is growing up fast!

To see more pictures of my little nephew(i am an aunt now), you can visit his blog at http://w-isaac.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails