Saturday, April 26, 2008

Asian Kitchen

Chinese has a saying, 怨怨相报何时了?but seems like Blamer do not understand the meaning of this and decided to chop my carrot head back.

Tired of the normal hawker fare and those western or Jap cuisines, we decided to go for Vietnamese food this time at Asian Kitchen.

of cos, a glimpse of the menu,

I do understand that whenever one visits a Vietnamese restaurant, one shld try out their pho (aka rice noodles) and always try out their beef version. Like this one below,

The soup stock is really tasty, but I find that their stir fried black pepper beef with garlic tasted better than the beef slices in the soup.

Actually, one more must order dish is the rice spring rolls however, they were sold out hence we replaced it with Vietnamese fish cake which Blamer concluded is the best dish of them all.

I think every once in a while, there would be a totally cannot make it dish. This "honour" goes to


Sugarcane prawns. See the greenish sugarcane in the middle? Seriously, the sugarcane is too hard to be consumed and the prawn meat was virtually tasteless. Never ever order this dish, though I think it is in one of their chef's recommendation list.


Oh I need to flash the beef noodles pic again b'cos I forgot to mention that they actually served raw bean sprouts and lime together with the noodles. I watched the 美食大三通 and there was once the host went to Vietnam, he discovered that this is a popular way the locals like to eat the noodles. But I still like the original better.

Blamer very happy that I will be paying this time

Hee hee, me plotting my next attack on Blamer...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails