Saturday, April 19, 2008

Weekian's NCC

My youngest brother had his NCC passing out parade on 11th April 2008. He specially invited Leecher & me to go and view the parade @ the NCC campus. So, being the very 伟大 sister, i took half day leave to grace the event with Leecher.

We took the train to Yio Chu Kang and waited for the shuttle bus to take us to the NCC campus (since the campus is located at some 鸟不生蛋 place)

The parade started with the performance from the band

followed by the march-in of the flag contingent


lastly, its the march-in of contingent 1 & 2 (only took pics of contingent 2) Quite pleased that the ceremony took place in the evening, so that it won't be that humid :)

My brother is standing in the 1st row, 3rd from the left

Leecher took a video of the March-in ceremony



Weekian received the Syndicate Award for the West zone - haha, didn't expected this coming... but he looks kinda toot in the picture taken leh...wa ha ha >_< Standing in front of the parade square with the 3 other recipients of the award (for different zones)

Stomach in, chest out - hahaha (but i got to admit, quite smart leh. Too bad Leecher is so chao geng that he doesn't have a chance to wear such smart uniform)

Receiving his award from the Guest of Honour



After that, family members are invited to don to ranks of the NCC cadets. Initially I thought its some very chim stuff and Leecher seems to know what it is, so I gave Leecher the honour of doing that (mainly cuz I don't want to embarrass myself in front of so many pple, haha) But, turns out that its so easy, chey!

That's my brother, sweating like a pig. He even wore a T-shirt inside his uniform >__<|||
Leecher removing Weekian's old rank ...



The old and the new ranks

There he is, standing tall and proud with the new ranks

Posing for pictures once we donned the rank for him :)


His fren came over to grace the parade as well, so she got the privilege of donning the other side of the rank



Once the music stops, we had to go back to our seats, so that the contingents can march off to mark the end of the parade. Leecher has officially became the video-man...



Guests are invited to the multi-purpose hall for light refreshments and to view the performances by the cadets. Getting bored with the wait .. :(

The new cadets marching into the hall - I was still on the lookout for my brother (since he told me he is standing at the 17th position) until he "zui" me , den I realised that he was just standing beside me.

The cadets celebrating .... I seriously think that only secondary school students will feel that high and keep on cheering. I don't think I can do that now, haha.

Had our dinner while watching the performances.

Lastly, our newly "promoted" cadet officer , wa ha ha

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails