Thursday, May 29, 2008

John's Visit to Spore office - food galore!

John, my colleague from Tokyo office dropped by SG office for the week. Always great to have him around cuz he is a food-lover, just like me ... haha :)

He always have this list of i-want-to-try-food-in-SG and I will be entrusted with the task of bringing him around to scout for the must-try food .... luckily he only comes to SG once in a while, I have my slim waist to think of :P

1st stop: Shokudo @ Raffles City Shopping Centre

We brought John there just to let him to experience the unique dining concept, for he can get authentic food in JP.

Wah, must take a picture with the Japanese warrior

but, how come this Japanese warrior doesn't look as fierce? *his tummy reminds me of someone though, hahahaha *

Got a reserved tag to put on the table to shoo off the rest who are eyeing the seats (more "high class" than the tissue-paper reserve style in CDB area. hmm, maybe I shld try to sneak one of the tags out for my own use, hahahaha ...)

Looking around before deciding on what we should get ~

Finally, decided on the mains .... coincidently, Andrew and me went for the same stall - but in different flavours.

Yeah, me with my food! And, DO NOT mention anything about my hair, yes, I cut my fringe and its a bloody mistake :(

Tried the 弹珠 drink, but it's just like flavoured soda water. I think the peach one tastes better.

Some side dishes to go along; surprisingly, the mushroom are damn good/fragrant.

There's always room in the stomach for desserts! Check out the dessert counter ~

Desserts: so-so only. The crepes was kinda thick and soggy on its own; Andrew complained that the waffles were too sweet.

John with his red-bean and mocha ice-cream crepes

while Eric ordered his all-time fave mocha & red bean ice-kachang


2nd stop: Palm Beach Seafood Restaurant @ Milliena Walk

John wanted to try the chilli crabs, but I told him that the award-winning double baked crabs are better... so we are back @ Palm Beach ... my Nth time eating at this place... not gg to complain, since its on XXX tab :)

The guys looking through the menu while I have already decided that I want the crabs - see, fast & precise.

John with his coconut drink - he can't wait to feast :)

The super crispy fried squids ... just like eating crackers!

Was surprised that they serve satay with pineapple sauce until E&A told me that it was the norm during their times .... but it does taste good ~ new experience

bamboo clams - juicy and tender

the usual greens which I didn't touch

Prawn with beancurd and salted egg york - refreshing dish, though it's kind of salty

The highlight of the night, fell in love with it ever since the double date

Who can resist taking a pic? keke

3rd stop: Mee Siam @ golden shoe

Brought John to the local hawker centre to try out our local breakfast. He's game for some spicy food, so I ordered mee siam for him ...

turns out that its REALLY spicy, hahaaa. He was 1/2 sweating while eating the food, but its damn shiok lo :) I should have taken the before & after picture for comparison.

Meanwhile, I will need to prepare a list of places/food for him on his next visit :P

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails