Sunday, July 20, 2008

Team Dinner @ Indochine

It's one of the rare times whereby we have both Crispy and Richard in SG office, thus we went for a team dinner @ Indochine Waterfront.

Ordered drinks to kick off the night. I took a gamble and ordered appletini (bottom left), to my surprise, it tastes good!

We were seated @ the bar while the waiter arranged a table for us. Somehow, I managed to capture this artistic pic of Richard unintentionally.

The sky turning dark - which serves as a signal that it's time to proceed indoors and have our feast.

The members of our team - Eric, Elliott, Andrew, Natasha and me. It's a pity that Rinta went for her holidays. Don't worry, we will help you to eat your share :P

Crispy in the house; think he must be busy preparing for his wedding. Hope you have found ur ring!

I was starving by the time we sat at the table. I was busy gobbling down the crackers when it hit me that these are not prawn crackers but a mixture of prawn & crab. Interesting, talking about fusion ar. I was given the honour to taste the white wine - my, it's very smooth & has a fruity taste, I like!

As starters, Natasha ordered the Indochine platter, much to Crispy's delight.

We were served with a lime sorbet before they serve the main course. Sorbets are traditionally served between the starter course and main course in order to cleanse the palate

Fillet of Halibut - the fillet is pretty fresh, but somehow I managed to see the fish bones. All these while, I thought fillet is boneless?

Marinated chicken in lemon juice - it would definitely taste better if they didn't add in mint leaves.

Cambodian tiger prawns - this is the best of all, cuz I am a sucker for prawns.

Cambodian style chilli and basil chicken - tender chicken, though it would taste better if it's more spicy.

Indochine grilled scallops - Eric's fave though he is allergic to seafood.

Grilled beef of champasak - you can nv go wrong with beef this restaurant.

Pan Fried tofu - soft andhave a slight tinge of butter to it.

Next up, desserts! I tried the spicy chocolate previously, so we decided to try something new today. Natasha can't wait to attack!

Indochine's Temptation (recommended) - consists of chestnut parfait, black sesame ice cream, bua loy-Laotian dessert (a mix of taro, pumpkin and pandan flavours) complete with red bean compote.

Tiramisu - heavenly. Love the chocolate flakes at the top.

Chocolate fudge torte - dense chocolate sponge layered with Valrhona chocolate mousse.

It turns out that Natasha is very much a dessert person, she also promised she will make desserts for us. Natasha, if you are reading this - you have to fulfill your promise, wa ha ha :P

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails