Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Crab Feast

Been on a crab feast recently (opps, think the pics are dated around 3-4 months back ;p) with Leecher & his family. We went to 2 different places for dinner and the highlight - CRAB (Leecher's fave dish cuz he is forever full of CRAP)

1st stop: Coffee shop near Leecher's place

Apparently, the coffee shop has a new boss/chef so we decided to come and try out the dishes.

The seafood claypot dish, which apparently is their signature. So-so only leh.

Sambal kangkong, spicy yet not spicy enough to give you the punch.

Cereal prawns! My fave, I can just take the cereal and mix it with rice and eat. Oh, be careful when eating this dish for there were small chilli padi hidden inside the cereals. I took a spoonful and fed Leecher and before I could blink my eyes, he kena a "swollen" tongue. Opps, sorry (I didn't mean it, wa ha ha)

Next, the highlight of the day .... *clap clap in the background*

Think this is the butter crab. The gravy is alright, just that the smell of the milk is kinda strong (which kinda reminds me of baby's burp)

Chilli crab! Yeah, you can never go wrong with chilli crab :) Oh, we also ordered the fried bun and they were very disappointing. The fried bun is supposed to be a WHOLE bun, yet, we got slices of fried bun that is over-fried and hard, yucks. Spoil appetite :(

2nd stop: House of Seafood @ 180

Headed to this restaurant @ Serangoon Gardens. Quite difficult to find parking. We had to park like 4 streets down and walked up to the restaurant. Damn tired.

This is one of their signature dish - Champagne Pork Ribs (if I still rem the name correctly). I polished off my portion: either its delicious or I am just too hungry after all the waiting.

Stir-fried long beans with prawns which I think Xiufeng quite like this dish :)

No cereal prawns :( make do with this egg omelette with prawns lo ...

Lastly, crabs! We ordered 2 types for the 7 of us to share.

Butter crab: looks different from the butter crabs that we had earlier. This version is much tastier and you can really taste the melted butter on the crabs.

The staple of all crab dish: chilli crabs. The gravy is slightly spicy, yet to coin from Roger, it lacks the punch. However, at least we get decent-looking fried buns this time round :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails