Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Reminiscing 2009

As I looked back to 2009, it was a year filled with challenges, changes and most importantly, happiness.

:: The most memorable event - The Proposal ::

I was caught by surprise when Leecher proposed during our Bali trip. The tears of happiness rolled in my eyes when he knelt down in front of me, ring in hand. I was touched that he spent 1.5 yrs to research/find the perfect ring, his trips down to the jeweler without my knowledge, getting paranoid that the ring size won't fit my finger.

He even smuggled his props to Bali right under my nose! That sneaky fellow! He managed to execute his master plan by coordinating with the hotel staff via emails/pictures. I love the Wall-E and Eva set up, it's my fave movie of all time! Simple love, that is.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return"

:: Japan Trip ::

We spent countless weekends researching on this trip ever since we booked our tickets in Aug. 3 months of research for a 16D free-and-easy trip. We even dumped our little travel notebook for Excel spreadsheet. I missed out countless shopping trips/dinner gatherings/sales just for this! When we finally print out our itinerary 2 days before the trip, all was worth it! 14 pages of A3-sized itinerary tucked safely in my bag, we conquered Osaka-Kyoto-Hiroshima-Hakone-Tokyo. Our longest holiday ever :)

:: 4th yr anniversary & step into quarter life ::

25 yrs on planet Earth. Leecher gave me my bdae present way back in Sep, making my wish come true :) He gave me another surprise on my bdae itself - my own personalized calendar for 2010! The other surprise came from my brothers - Ron, Ryan and ZZG messaging me on my bdae, lol. Shows how thoughtful they are :)

:: KL trip with my beloved brothers & sisters ::

The annual trip with my dearest friends. It was a pity Joe can't make it, but he made a guest appearance in JB. 3D2N of eating-chatting-shopping-drinking is pure bliss.

:: Family ::

When I broke news of my proposal to my little brother, I was touched by his reply:
"Jie Jie, if Keith bully you, you must tell me cuz I will protect you and fight for you"

As we bid goodbye to 2009, it's now time to embrace 2010. I hope this year will be another year filled with happiness and may a new chapter of life enfolds :)

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails