Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Leecher's Bdae Celebration @ Morton's

Another surprise awaits for Leecher when I made reservation @ Morton's for his P2 Bdae treat.
He wanted to try out Morton's for the longest time ever, so I decided to grant him his wish :)

Morton's The Steakhouse, here we come!

Reservation made for 6.30pm, but when there's good food waiting for us, we arrived at 6.25pm! Can't wait to kick off the night :)

Kinda crowded even though it was just slightly passed 6.30pm. The 2 people that you see at the bottom right of the picture - they are part of a family of 4. Mum & daughter were dressed in their cocktail dresses while Father & Son were dressed in their tuxedos. I felt so under-dressed next to them :(

I've always love Morton for their food & attentive service. Surprise #1 came when we were ushered to our table which was filled with confetti for the celebration! No wonder they asked me if there was any special occassion when I made the reservation. Kudos to the team!

Surprise #2 came when we saw the personalised menu with bdae greetings for Leecher! Ok, belated bdae celebration :)

Leecher was super delighted that he can get to keep his bdae menu.

Surprise #3 came when they offered a shawl for me when they noticed that I was rubbing my hands from the coldness, so sweet! I love attentive service :)

Based on my past Morton's experiences, everything about Morton's screams BIG, big on their presentation, big on servings. I was expecting a basket of assorted bread & they wowed me over with the gigantic egg & onion loaf. Fluffy soft yet oozing with the light fragrance of onion. A good start to our meal!

Morton's signature display of chunky beef, a showcase of the ingredients used to prepare the dishes.

Since my wallet is on the chopping board, Leecher decided to order his red wine to go with his beef. No choice, have to pay cuz Bdae boy is the biggest.

Morton's Salad - eggs, vegs and anchovies with Morton's blue cheese dressing. Love the blue cheese dressing, but anchovies were too salty for my liking.

We ordered 1 salad to be shared ... noticed how each plate is brimming with veg? That's Morton's standard for you!

Grilled Jumbo Asparagus in balsamic glaze. Heavenly. Didn't know that asparagus can be that delicious & crunchy!

Jumbo Lump Crabmeat Cocktail with mustard mayonnaise.

Single Cut Filet served in bearnaise sauce. One bit into this & WOOHOO ~ all other steaks will pale in comparison immediately. I experienced it 2 years before and the feeling remains till now. Tender yet The feeling is akin to opening a present on Xmas day and getting exactly what you hoped for!

Leecher about to take his 1st bite ~

Steak: What Morton's Does Best!
Since day one, Morton's has used the same suppliers for our aged prime beef and other meat. They select the best of their inventory for us–and if it doesn't meet Morton's standards, it's sent back.

When we say that we offer "The Best Steak...Anywhere," we mean it!

Can't agree more!

Dessert tray for us to pick our desserts. How can I go home without tasting their signature Morton's legendary hot chocolate cake?

We were told to wait for approx 15 mins for it to be served, so its pics time :)

Wa, hold my hand so tight - must be scared that I will leave him behind with the bill :p

The cheeky waiter :)

Surprise #4 came when the staff came out with the chocolate cake & sang Leecher his happy birthday song, LOL.

The cheeky waiter made his appearance again!

Making his wish - but sorry dear, NO car for you ... toy car can?

Don't be mistaken, that's not his present. Just a prop that he wishes he can bring it home :P

Finally, the chance to taste the cake! Yummy is an understatement.

Leecher's bdae present from Morton's staff.

A big hug for me after paying the bill!

PS: surprise #5 came ... & it shall remain as a surprise :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails