Thursday, September 16, 2010

Yuxin & Ivan Bdae Celebrations

Time for a meetup with the oldest of my friends - Ivan & Yuxin.

(1) Yuxin's Bdae Celebration (Apr 2010)

Planned a surprise bdae celebration for him. Rushed to buy a bdae cake for Yuxin after a 15 min chop chop discussion with Ivan over MSN. Ivan & I reached the designated place on time (cuz we know Yuxin will be 100% late) and got the staff to put the bdae cake in the fridge.

The Malay restaurant near our place which is opened till almost 12 midnight every night. We choose a strategic seat, such that Yuxin won't see our surprise later!

The bdae cake with 26 candles. All thanks to Ivan's bright idea.

The strategy: I will excuse myself to go washroom first. Ivan will follow 5 mins later. We meet at the entrance & light up all the candles, walk to our table and hope that all the candles survive the 30 steps walk. It wasn't easy lighting up all the 26 candles, make that grand entrance without pausing to re-lit the candles. The bdae cake was almost coated with candle wax!

Bdae boy with his bdae cake! Happy Birthday old fren :) The shock of surprise on his face when we presented him with the bdae cake was priceless!

We didn't manage to reduce him to tears, but that shall be our mission next year!

(2) Ivan's Bdae Celebration (May 2010)

With the 2 guys bdaes just one month apart, it will be quite easy for Ivan to guess that the next meet up will be to celebrate his bdae. However, we managed to fool him with our story:

Yuxin will msg Ivan that he needs a listening ear (problems with r/s) and he will purposely choose a date that I'm busy. True enough, Ivan MSN-ed me if Yuxin asked me out on the particular date. I had to fake ignorant that I dunno what it was all about, but Yuxin did mentioned to me that he was feeling down (blah blah). Perhaps, he wants a guy's talk, I suppose.

Once Ivan is convinced that it was a guy's talk, the task was simple: I will make a surprise appearance at the event, so I had to make sure that Ivan won't be able to see me coming in from his seat. A 20 min phone discussion with Yuxin & we settled on the place!

Only 2 big and 6 small candles this time round, as we learn from the past experience. Kudos to the sweet staff from Delifrance for helping me light up the candles at the counter!

Bdae boy with a victory sign :) I had to endure "scoldings" from my fave cousin for bluffing him.

As much as I like the staff from Delifrance, I can't say much on the taste of their food.

Cutting the cake! Another of my fave from Han's :)

With my oldest frens :) Glad that they like all their surprises. Now, they are going to have a hard time planning for mine, WA HA HA!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails