Thursday, February 10, 2011

Xmas Dinner @ Ootoya

Leecher was on leave and brought his parents out for dinner. I rushed over to meet them after work @ Ootoya. Although located on the 7th floor, but this place is very popular! Fortunately, Leecher arrived early and managed to grab seats for us.

Salad for starters - vegetables, cherry tomatoes and smashed potatoes tossed in thick salad sauce. Perfect to start the ball rolling.

Spinach that don't look appealing to the senses.

Leecher decided to relive his Japan moments and ordered the same Torotoro set that he had in Ootoya Japan. Juicy scallops drenched in plum sauce, coupled with the fragrance of Japanese pearl rice = heavenly. The dish, presented in a bamboo steamer, was kept warm by the flame, much to Leecher's delight, as he, for one - hates eating cold food.

Caught in action!

Many of the sets include miso soup & side dishes. There's also the calorie count on the menu for the weight conscious. However, I heard that they have revamped their menu and took out the calorie count - anyone to verify this?

Waited almost 30 mins for my order, as they got it wrong the 1st time round. I was so hungry by then that I was stealing food off Leecher's bowl.

Xmas lighting down Orchard Road, my fave is still the blue section :)

Stopped over @ Bakerzin for desserts.

Leecher ordered Americano, which was prepared by adding hot water to espresso, giving it a similar strength but different flavour from regular drip coffee. I was never really a coffee person and coffee sessions with my clients taught me a great deal about them.

Auntie & Uncle sharing lemon tea :)

Dessert box full of goodies to share.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails