Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Quote for thought

I've not been reading as much as I wanted to with all the late nights and never-ending work. Even my journey time to work was spent on catching up with news on my iphone apps.

When I was packing my room the other day, I found this book inside my shopping bag, with my bookmark at a particular page - a parable that touched me deeply:

A man goes out on the beach and sees that it is covered with starfish that have washed up in the tide. A little boy is walking along, picking them up and throwing back into the water.

"What are you doing, son?" the man asks. "You see how many starfish there are? You'll never make a difference."

The boy paused thoughtfully, and picked up another starfish and threw it into the ocean.
"It sure made a difference to that one," he said.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails