Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Asia Grand Restaurant

Back from the land of peking duck! Feels so great to be home after every trip (minus the current heat wave as Beijing's temp was way better!) Anyway, meet up with Uni group for a night of Chinese food.

Khim Khim recommended Asia Grand Restaurant this time round. I think this is the 1st time we actually go for Chinese food during our outings! As much as I love other cuisines, chinese food still forms a large part of my diet. And, I can't go without my rice. The place was relatively full on a Friday night - thanks to Kenneth dear for making the reservation :)

Yaozu, Leecher and me were the first to arrive! Hunger pangs struck us and we decided to order appetizers to munch on while waiting for the rest to arrive. Their signature appetizer - assorted pickled capsicum with cucumber and fishcakes. Quite a refreshing dish! The fishcakes were so chewy that I almost finished all while the guys have to settle on the vegetables - sorry guys!

Peking duck! The way we ate our peking duck is slightly different from those in Beijing - more on that when I have time to blog about the Beijing trip. Nevertheless, love love peking duck - the crepe, duck meat, crackers and all. We ordered the 8 course meal to share b/w us, which comes with steamed fish, salad prawns, ee fu noodles, duck soup (mad love this soup that we had 2nd helpings), vegetables with mushrooms, duck meat and dessert. We had to rush off after dinner, hence couldn't take a group pic :( but, there's always next time ~

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails