Sunday, May 8, 2011

GE 2011

The scorecard is out, results finalised for GE 2011. With this election, residents of Aljunied have voted in an alternative voice in the Parliament, with Worker's Party as their representative! Kudos to the residents for making this choice :) Thus, a short entry on my GE journey before I fly off to Beijing to escape from the scorching hot weather.

Our 2nd chance to vote @ GE, with the first in 2006. To kick-off our GE adventure, we attended the Worker's Party 1st rally @ Hougang.

Look at the crowd that turned out! Gosh, I can't even see where the stage was and just edged my way forward, so that we can listen to the speeches.

Ice-cream uncle hopping onto the bandwagon to cash in more business :)

We decided to go up one of the nearby blocks. Boy, what a scene we saw when we were on the 10th floor! News reported that the turnout was more than 20k, far more impressive than PAP's turnout!

Yaozu was drenched in sweat from climbing up/down the stairs, lol!

Leecher decided that he wants to be top of the world (at the playground). "This is what Cool Looks Like"

Attended the finale of WP's rally @ Serangoon Stadium with Nijun & Fling. At the junction towards the stadium, we even have police controlling the traffic! People were shouting "Worker's Party! Worker's Party!" as they walked towards the stadium.

All united as one, as we listened to the speeches given by each and every candidate.

For those who didn't manage to get into the stadium, they sat outside on the grass patches & pavements, supporting the candidates with their cheers!

My polling card - a privilege that I had since I turned 21. Thanks to the opposition, some of my peers have their 1st chance at voting.

Back to my alma mater to cast my vote. I'm so glad that WP broke through the GRC system and won Aljunied, but utterly sad that Mrs Chiam lost Potong Pasir with just a razor-thin margin. Well, I guess that's life - you win some, you lose some.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails