Monday, November 14, 2011

Bangkok Trip 2011 - 13 Jan 2011 P1

Back in Singapore after a relaxing nua trip to Bali - already back to work and cleared up the cobwebs on my desk, lol! Anyway, hope you guys were surprised to see Leecher's guest appearance on our blog - and he conveniently only blogged 1 post to show that he's still part of the blog while I have to continue with where he left off, as always - heehee. Anyway, back to Thailand trip Day 2 ....

Waking up early for breakfast. Next time, I shld just book the room w/o breakfast, as this is one of the rare days which we woke up early enough for breakfast.

Bfast spread, which is basically repeated everyday.

Wearing my matching earrings & hairband which I bought the night before.

Yeah, we enrolled ourselves in a cooking course with Baipai Cooking School. Who says gg to BKK is only about shopping?

After almost 30 mins drive, we arrived at the cooking school.

They grow a lot of their spices and vegetables in their garden, which are plucked fresh for our usage later.

Welcome tea to quench our thirst.

You can purchase souvenirs from this lil counter.

Our recipe book for the course

Leecher engrossed in the recipe book, but I think he acting only, heehee!

His real reason for joining the course .... I shall hold him to his words and see if he really cooks for the family, lol! This is the most valid excuse that I'll use whenever he asks me to cook, haha.

All set & ready to start!

Our chef & instructor for the day.

My workstation with all the ingredients required to prepare chilli paste.

Leecher paying 100% attention to all instructions.

Hands-on time! Need to chop all the ingredients into small pieces.

Pounding them together

Preparing the ingredients for chicken wrapped in pandan leaves.

Marinating the chicken, quite proud of myself, lol!

Wrapping them with pandan leaves.

Huge mirror above to reflect what's inside the pot

Yummy! These are done by the chef - we will get our hands-on experience later.

Chef showing us how to make the famous thai salad.

Leecher with his steady posture, but actually, he made quite a mess on the table, lol.

I think I looked quite pro here.

Food-tasting prepared by Chef.

Preparing the prawns for deep-frying.

Checking the temperature of the oil

Ta-dah! The finished product.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails