Saturday, December 3, 2011

Bangkok Trip 2011 - 16 Jan 2011

One of the rare mornings where we actually woke up in time for breakfast!

Surprisingly, it was pretty cold in the morning that I had to wear my jacket and drink a cuppa of hot tea to keep myself warm.

Didn't eat much for breakfast, so off we went in search of more street food :)

Check out the blazing sun~

And the human crowd, all walking towards one destination ....

Tadah - Chatuchak Weekend Market!

The market was divided into sections and once you spot something that you wanna buy, its better to grab it on the spot as you'll be unlikely to find back that exact same stall given the vast number of stalls located here.

The scorching sun + humid weather = me looking for anything icy to quell my thirst.

Saw a long queue for this stall and we ended up doing the same!

To our disappointment, it was just fish cake with sweet Thai chilli sauce :(

I was still hungry, so Leecher went to buy something else - this tasted a bit like the Hakka's 算盤子.

Attracted by the crowd (again), we inched towards this stall

They were selling coconut ice cream! They are certainly enjoying good business given the hot weather!

Ice cream served in a cute coconut "bowl", topped with peanuts.

Perfect companion for a hot day, yummy :)

Live entertainment along the streets.

We left the place early, lugging our purchases back to the hotel. Then Leecher sprang a surprise on me saying that he's taking me out for a nice dinner, yippee!

All dressed up for our dinner date. Then Leecher stunned me further by saying that he dunno the way to the restaurant >.< So I took a look at the address and realised that it was near to Conrad hotel, where I stayed previously ... so in a cab we went!

Surprise #3 came when we reached the restaurant - it was closed for renovation. Leecher forgot to call and make reservation, assuming that it was opened. Haha, so I told him - why not I bring him to a nice dinner instead? The only place that I can think of was .....

Well, at least Leecher haven't got the chance to taste it yet.

"Drinks" before dinner.

Waiting for our food ~ which we ordered enough for 4 pax!

Though the dinner surprise date didn't materialize as per Leecher' expectation, we still had a wonderful time together :) Sometimes, it's the company that mattered.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails