Tuesday, August 14, 2012

CNY 2012

Being married means you've elevated in status, and also, the time where you will end your angpao collecting career, haha! This year is our 1st time in giving our angpao :) Weeks before CNY, I've started queuing up at the banks to exchange new notes. My clients cheekily gave me empty angpao packets and asked me to fill it up with money, haha!

Year of the dragon, which the Chinese consider to be the most auspicious zodiac of all. Since it was our 1st CNY as Mr&Mrs, I jumped at the opportunity to buy CNY outfits, esp in red :)

Before that, express manicure from BFF! Thank so much! We even had to pack sandwiches back to our office.

Eve of CNY Eve
(self-declared) Head of the household Leecher decided that we should have our own mini reunion dinner.

Preparing to head out for dinner :) Kinda excited and Leecher gave me a wifey angpao! He slipped it underneath my pillow and I didn't realize it till I flipped my pillow over.

Headed over to Serangoon Garden

Back @ Arbite!

Newly bought iphone cover :) Not so new now though.

Once again, Arbite revamped their menu before I could even take down the name of this dish :( They took out a lot of their side dishes, why why? This was deep fried mushrooms, accompanied by a toss of greens.

I ordered Japanese Curry Pulled Pork Wrap - shredded pork collar, caramelized apple, leeks and Japanese curry sauce wrapped up in tortilla skin, served with homemade potato croquettes. Not really a fan of this - curry was too salty and I reckoned a lot of MSG went into this dish, for I was perpetually thirsty after this.

Leecher ordered the Pappardelle with mushrooms and parma ham. He concluded that this dish tasted better when sharing with others, haha! He must have felt pretty jerlak after finishing this all by himself.

with (the dearest) Leecher :)
Arbite
66A Serangoon Garden Way
Singapore 555962
Tel: 62870430
Closed on Mondays

CNY Eve

Our 1st CNY, went to Leecher's parents' place for reunion dinner.

Parents-in-law bought small decorations for the house.

Parents-in-law whipped out dishes instead of the usual steamboat. We even had home-cooked sharks' fin :) The table was filled with dishes!

Helped out in the kitchen scoping shark fin soup for everyone.

Then, it was back to mummy dearest place for 2nd round. We had the usual steamboat & mummy dearest cooked a couple of dishes. Leecher paiseh and had to help out in the kitchen, lol!

Drooling while I'm typing this entry. Mummy dearest bought all of our fave steamboat ingredients and she even made sure that I had my quail eggs :)

Tuck in!

Back to PIL's place for countdown. Had a bowl of white fungus dessert soup, specially made by Mummy-in-law.

CNY 1st Day

Red packets all done! Time to start giving out, haha!

Lil bro came over to stay for the night. I was all dressed in red! even my shoes were red :)

1st Day was a mad rush, rushing from places to places. Leecher drove to the temple to pai pai first before visiting all the relatives/families.

CNY 2nd Day

Headed over to granny's place.

Leecher complained that he didn't buy any CNY clothes and was feeling bitter, haha!

Granny always cooked a lot of dishes whenever we come over for visiting. This year, we decided to let her have a good rest and ordered takeaways instead.

Naughty Javier! He's super hyper & its difficult to make him stand still for even a minute.

CNY 3rd Day

I was on leave while Leecher had to go back to work, haha! Feels good to sleep in and wave byebye to Leecher as he made his way out. But, I've a surprise for him :)

Called him after his lunch break.

Made barley water for him, as he was feeling a lil heaty (must be from all the CNY goodies)

Heehee, 有沒有佷 touched?

Went for more visiting during the weekends and the last of the CNY outfit posts :) We'll be celebrating the year of the snake in just a few months time ... time flies!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails