Monday, August 27, 2012

Shanghai Oct Biz Trip 2011 P1

The start of another work-week & the countdown to Friday begins as soon as Sunday evening. Finally done with the Bali trip, and henceforth, shall kick-start a series of travel post for this week - a working trip to Shanghai. Yr 2011 was a fruitful year for me, as I added China market to my portfolio. As such, I was given the opportunity to travel to Beijing in May & subsequently, Shanghai in October. I was pretty stressed out over this Shanghai trip, as I did the trip 10 days before my wedding. So, we decided that it should be a short trip of 3D2N.

8 mins journey to the departure gate.

On the phone with Leecher as I walked to the gates.

Finally reached!

The flight that will take us from SG to Shanghai - I went with Eric for this trip for info gathering and also, to visit some of my clients.

yum yum! comfort food onboard :)

Arrived at Gran Melia Shanghai, our stay for this trip as recommended by one of our SG clients.

The hotel is located at Pudong District, in the centre of Lujiazu - one of the most dynamic location. Pudong is the financial heart of the banking corporations of Asia, henceforth, it was our 1st choice of stay, as we were within walking distance to all the clients that we wanted to visit. Ideally, one of our client was situated in the building next to the hotel.

Staying on the 25th floor. I love checking into different hotels during my trips. I'm not a loyal (brand) hotel stayer (though Shangri-la is still one of my fave!) and the rewards points don't really entice me to stay loyal with a particular chain of hotels.

View from my room, overlooking the financial district.

Freshen up, changed a new set of outfit and off for a quick bite before meetings.
Gran Melia Shanghai
1288 Lujiazui Ring Road
200120, Shanghai, China
Tel: 86 2138678888
Email: reservation@granmeliashanghai.com

Our client took us out for dinner, for some shanghainese cuisines. 6 dishes to be shared amongst the 3 of us.

Lastly, ended the night at the river, with hot chocolate and coffee in our hands and enjoying the scenery.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails