Monday, March 18, 2013

Weddings: Maythu & Weiming, Kaijie & Geraldine, Jinlian & Daryl

As we embark on the new year, I've already received 5 wedding invitations thus far. Still recalled the times when we get invited to friends' birthday parties, now, we have upgrading to attending weddings & baby showers/parties. We attended a couple of my close friends' weddings last year and am glad that they are embarking a new chapter of life together with their other halves.
 Weddings are now the new reunion dinners, where we can catch up with old friends - eat, drink and be merry. 3 of my sisters (my bridesmaids) tied the knot last year and I'm glad to join in their celebrations :) This was also a year of wedding lunches, which is gaining popularity over the years. 
 
Held @ Conrad Hotel, this was the 1st wedding lunch I've ever attended. Leecher very kindly drove me to the wedding venue, for I was running late. 
My first time attending a wedding @ Conrad! I always remember Oscar's restaurant @ Conrad, where I had my ice-cream out of a fishing bowl years ago.
Maythu looked absolutely stunning in her gown, like a porcelain doll. 
 
Always a soft spot for white roses which expresses purity & innocence. 
 
Display table which show-cast their "lovey-dovey" moments.

with brides-to-be Wanling, SSL, Jinlian. Finally, I can claimed to be more "senior" than them after being the junior all these while, lol! 

Another bride-to-be, Jun.  
 
with Tingfeng, who came as a guest today, lol! He was my photographer for the actual day & thumbs up for their service. Drop me a note if you're interested to engage in their services :)
 
Seated in the ballroom, waiting for the event to commerce.   
  
The usual table-shot. It's nv too early for drinking, haha!  
 
Sat next to Wanling and we started talking about manicure. I did this set of nails specially for the occasion! 
 
Wedding flavours in terms of stamps! SSL even joked that we give her all the stamps so she can use it to send us her wedding invites.  

Cam-whoring in the washroom, where we had the whole place to ourselves when cleaning auntie came in halfway *paiseh*
 When you put all the girls together, we'll grab whatever chance we have for a group pic :)
Table representative of 204 pax! Top pic was courtesy of Peilu's husband using a DSLR, vivid colours as compared to dent dent. 
 
A pic with the beautiful bride and extremely humourous groom.  
 
Last March, Leecher & me were busy attending weddings in Sentosa almost every week, in different parts of the island ~ Capella, Amara Sanctuary & Marina Club.
 
Taking public on the NEL, thankfully the journey was smooth with no major hiccups. 
 
A convenient way to reach the is to take the complimentary shuttle bus service. 
 
Peacock roaming around the place! Ever so atas, lol! 
The wedding reception was held @ Marina Club, 1 degree 15.
 
All the yachts at the bay! I wanna go on a yacht ride *hint to Leecher*
The bride & groom, congrats! As both Kaijie & Geraldine were ex-BPians, I saw many BPians ~ some seniors, some juniors.
 
My councillor & girl guides Junior, Xiaobin. Time flies, she's now a teacher @ a local JC and her cousin-in-law is my Uni classmate. Small world!
 
The first wedding that I attended with a huge display of wedding flavours ~ the bears looked so cute in nautical colours.  
 
A Polaroid corner with pics taken during the event.   
 
A cute rendition of their zodiac.
 
Instead of a sit-down dinner, the couple opted for buffet style (good move as they save any trouble on table-planning!). Guests were left to mingle around with one another. 
 with bobo & his army gang.
  Our class chairman/Councillor president's wedding! How can we miss it in the world right? 
 
Held @ Mandarin Oriental, I was excited at trying out their lunch menu for I've heard raves about their food.
 
with Wenpin, been ages since our last meet up! Ever a smooth-talker and charming guy, lol!  
 
 Oriental theme for the wedding.
 
Let's drink to our hearts' content :) 
 
I actually remembered to take pics of the food this time round, lol! Everything was just so delicious then we all had to "fight" for second helpings. Kok Yew ever so kindly traded his chocolate cake with me cuz I was soooo obvious in eyeing that piece from his plate, lol! 
 
The lucky guy who sat with a table of pretty babes, lol! 
   
Kok Yew with his calendar girls of Year 2012, short of 2 girls to make it a full year. He's more fortunate than the groom, so he claimed.
 Our Disciplinary Master aka Tiger Tan (what we used to call him behind his back) was also invited for the event & he hasn't changed a bit over the years!

Group pic with all the girls :) 

Have to head off to bed now, will be back with some more weddings in another post! Nitey >.<

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails