Thursday, June 27, 2013

BKK Work Trip, March 2012: Home Sweet Home

 
***********
I do enjoy traveling. As often as I say work trips are always different from personal trips,  I'm extremely grateful that I landed myself in a job that allowed me to travel :) Counting my blessings that I'll be able to venture into more regions soon! Before we usher in the weekend, here is the final post of BKK work trip.
 
After a hearty lunch at Another Hound Cafe, I met up with Roger at Black Canyon Coffee (Platinum Mall) for a quick coffee session before I head to the airport.
 
He had extended his trip to rest & relax for a couple more days in BKK.
 
My 2nd glass of thai ice tea within 2 hours. You can probably tell that this is my standard drink in Thailand. Thai ice tea tasted differently across Thailand as well, depending on the type of sugar/milk used.
 
In Thai restaurants, thai ice tea is served in a tall glass. When sold from street & market stalls, it is more typically poured over crushed ice in a transparent bag or tall plastic cups. To me, it doesn't matter as long as it's good! 
Black Canyon Coffee
Platinum Mall, Ground Floor
 
 On the way to the airport. I normally leave for the airport 3 hours before actual flight time, as we all know of BKK's horrific traffic jam. I tend to leave slightly earlier if my flight is on Friday evening, as the traffic jam starts early for many of the city dwellers will leave work earlier to begin their drive back to their home town.
Taking the highway, passing by the 1st toll.
 
 Baiyoke Tower with its recognizable "Joy is BMW" advertisement from afar.
 
 Some of the car-shoots that I took along the way.
Traffic starting to build up. Sometimes, I even see policemen on the highway directing the traffic to ease congestion. It was smooth traffic to the airport after we passed the 2nd toll. In fact, I fell asleep at the back of the car & the driver woke me up when he asked which airline I'm taking. 
 
One of the airports that I normally frequent, besides Changi Airport & KLIA.
Waiting for check-in only to be notified that the flight will be delayed :(  
 
With the delay in flight, that technically meant that I had close to 3.5 hours to burn in the airport. I walked around the main hall area, took a few "touristy" pictures like the above. Time checked - only 30 min had passed.
 
Headed for a meal to satisfy my mama-mee craving, watched some drama till I had to conserve my battery for the way home. Time checked - 1 hour passed. 
 
Straight to Chanel for some retail therapy. Had to force brainwash myself not to buy anything as we'll be heading to Europe in a couple of weeks.
 
Walked into duty-free & checked out a couple of items. Tried on several scents for my new perfume, but they just don't seem to fit my taste. Walked out empty-handed too. Time checked - 45 min had passed.
 
Strolled my way to departure gate for the flight. 
Home sweet home, soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails