Monday, July 22, 2013

Family Outing: Heading to Pengerang Part One

 
I'm finally back after a rather long hiatus. Was in London over the past week for the annual Sales Conference. Boy, I was so tired after arriving in Singapore on Sat evening that I slept for 14 hours straight after an early dinner! Poor Leecher was left to unpack my bag after I dumped everything on the floor. Well, he only unpacked his presents & left the rest for me to clear up the next morning. Typical Leecher behaviour, hmp! The next couple of weeks will be kinda busy as we are pitching for a big project, so I'll be spending time consolidating the proposal for the pitch *stressed out max* Nevertheless, a couple of weekends back, the other family headed to Pengerang for a day trip. Melvin drafted the itinerary and sent it across to Leecher, extremely efficient! Keith's 小舅 family even headed there a week before to recce the place, in preparation for the outing. The downside: dragging our bodies out of bed at 5am to prepare, meet up at 6.30am. This certainly doesn't gel with me (I love sleeping in on weekends!) but the thought at visiting a new place spurs me on.
 
Clear traffic on Sunday morning! If only everyday is like this, then going to work will be a breeze. 
 
On the way to Changi Point Ferry Terminal. I was gamed for breakfast at Mr Teh Terik, only to realize that we'll only be having breakfast at the other side.
 
When we arrived at 7am, there was already lots of people hanging around. A couple of bikers were all geared up in their suits & mountain bikes. Max capacity of 12 pax per ferry, so best recommended to travel in groups of 12 to "book" the whole ferry. Otherwise, be prepared to wait for 12 pax before you're allowed to board.
 
Surrender your passport at the reception counter first for checking. 
 
Say hello to their resident cat! Very well-maintained and even knows how to pose for the camera :)

With Leecher - we were all feeling sleepy from the early morning, not to mention hungry!
 
With Roger & Eleen, wearing couple polo T-shirt. I didn't see the no-camera sign in the area before Leecher pointed it out to me, opps! So I  乖乖 keep my camera till after immigrations. 
 
Ferries are assigned randomly, so it really depends on your luck if you get a boat with a quiet engine or not. 
 
Changi Beach Park just opposite, one of the oldest coastal parks in Singapore.

 
Onboard the ferry & ready to head off :) 
 
Pengerang, here we come! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails