Monday, July 1, 2013

KL Business Trip, April 2012 P1

 
A brand new month, the start of the 2nd half of the year. After several posts on Bangkok, I had to switch destination & blogged about KL instead. The only times when I traveled to KL on personal time were road-trips with bros & sis. We had our annual getaway to KL in 2009, then continued in 2010 (P1, P2, P3 & P4). Other than that, it was always work in KL - attending seminars and meeting clients. 
For this trip, I travelled to KL via Air Asia, as I couldn't get flights on SQ and I had to be there for a last minute meeting. In fact, I was surprised at the self check-in kiosks - certainly saves time in checking in! My 2nd encounter with the self check-in kiosks was during our BKK Nov 2012 trip, where Leecher had a chance to have some hands-on experience, lol! 
 
Going there on a day trip, so traveled with just my 2 bags - laptop & personal bag. I often lament that we should have lighter laptops to reduce our "baggage". Still praying that I'll be able to get new laptop allowance this year & finally change my heavy laptop. 
 Breakfast @ Coffee Beans, which was surprisingly yummy! Great way to start my long day :)

Dinosaurs theme for the month, where the main lobby transformed into a mini dinosaur land. Spotted a couple (I think 3) of dinosaurs but was rushing for the flight so didn't "request" for a pic with them.
I dunno what came over me, but I started walking over to the D gates when the flight was located at gate C13. Imagine my shock when I turned up at the gate only to realize that it was flying to another destination! 
  
One of the last few to board the plane.
 
I had the whole row to myself *yippee!* 
 
Spotted, SQ flight that took off in a different direction.
Kinda missed my hair, now that I have trimmed it 2 weeks back. Now it looked so much shorter, not a bob cut, but just shorter and more layered. My curls have gone crazy with the shorter length too! 
 Preparing to join in the queue for take-off. Fun fact: With more than 6,500 weekly scheduled flights, an aircraft takes off or lands at Changi roughly once every 100 seconds.

One of the perks of window seat, so I can be occupied with taking pics of the view outside :)
 
Good enough to make it to Air Asia's website? 
 
Since take the front, must also show you the "butt". 

Doing it the budget way!  
  
I sort of panicked when I looked at the foreign surroundings. Not the usual KLIA airport that I remember. I searched frantically for my itineary again, only to realise that I have landed at LCCT, which is their low cost carrier terminal (aka budget terminal). This terminal was built specially to cater to the growing number of passengers for low-cost airlines, especially Air Asia (Malaysia's first "no-frills" airline).

Check out the rest of my journey in Part Two! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails