Wednesday, July 3, 2013

KL Business Trip, April 2012 P2

 
Part One here.
The unfamiliar surrounding of LCCT made me panicked a lil, as I wasn't sure of the exact location of this terminal nor am I aware of how far I am from KL city. At the back of my mind, I was prepared for the worst case scenario - that I would tell my boss I landed at the wrong terminal, lol! I wondered how "foolish" that would make me look. Maybe I should start practicing my blur-and-dunno-what-to-do expression to make it more convincing. While clearing immigration, I asked the officer the cab journey b/w LCCT & KLIA. I heaved a sign of relief when he told me that it was approx 20 min drive. Based on the calculations, I could still make it on time for the meeting. Nothing could describe my joy when I saw the all-time familiar airport transfer sign! Hopped onto the cab and soon, I'm on the way to KL city :)
 Took the train from client's place to KLCC for lunch. Needed the fuel for the next round of meeting in the afternoon.
 
Everywhere was crowded during lunch hours. Decided to settle my lunch at Dome, since the turn-over rate was high based on my observation :) 
The place was packed with people and tables were lined so close that I could hear the conversation going on at the tables beside me.
Tomato soup - Classica style made with loads of fresh tomatoes and herbs topped with croutons, served with fresh baguette slices. This big bowl was enough to last through the day! 
Dome Cafe
Suria KLCC 
Tel: 603 2166 1948
Work commenced again after lunch with another client. We ran into some technical difficulties & took a rather long time to resolve. I was on the phone with the boss on troubleshooting the problem when boss suddenly reminded me that I should be on my way to the airport. Geez, my flight was at 7pm and I was still at my client's place at 4.30pm. Thankfully, the system was up and running again! My kind client got me a cab. Once I hopped on, the driver told me to buckle my seat belt while he zoomed all the way to the airport. 
 I managed to reach the airport at 6pm - still in time to catch my flight.
There are quite a variety of dining options in LCCT, like McDonald's, MaryBrown, Coffee Bean etc.
I settled my dinner @ Taste of Asia, which is a local food court.
Queuing up at the "gate". Looked like it will be a full flight.  
Can't wait to head home &  crawl into bed :) 

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Love reading your trip adventure, esp those work trip that comes w bits of "unexpected"... Somehow your adventure was kind of "connected" to what I was going thru during travel esp for business trip... haha... I admit I am getting tired w the business traveling recently... Really salute you to be able to enjoye yourself when u travel alone. :D

:: footprintsallover :: said...

Thanks dear! Yeah, every work trip is different even when its always back to the same countries. Sometimes, I do feel tired, but I'm thankful that I'm able to travel and widen my exposure. I see it as a break away from the hubby for some me-time too :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails