Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Junior Chefs @ Work II - July edition

不知不觉 we are now in the month of October. October is our wedding anniversary month & we'll be married for almost 2 years! Wow, I hate saying this cliche - but time literally flies. The first year is always special, but I'm putting my bets that Leecher won't even remember our wedding anniversary this year. Let's see if he will prove me wrong :) Anyway, this is the July edition of our cooking adventures. We didn't cook much in July, for I was traveling for work. Leecher didn't want to cook for himself, so he settled his meals either at his parents' place or outside.
Whenever I head home for dinner, I'll always come back with lots of food. Mummy dearest is my personal grocery shopper :) Whenever she heads to the market, she will buy extra portions for us to bring home for our cooking. Sometimes, she will call me to ask if I need to buy any special ingredients from the wet market. The ngoh hiang is courtesy of mummy while Leecher worked his magic on mushroom+vegetables.
 
Leecher's way of stacking spring onion, worthy of a shot! 
My 4th aunt makes the best chili sauce ever! She'll pass me a container for Leecher's cooking whenever I see her & it really whets the appetite! It has become a staple in our fridge, alongside with the usual condiments.
 
Besides dinner, we are also preparing breakfast to bring for work. Leecher's version of home-made salad :) I wasn't a fan of vegetables, so I added in lots of croutons & roasted sunflower seeds to balance the taste.
We came home pretty late one night & these were put together within 15 min. Looks like Leecher is getting the hang of cooking under "pressure" and yet can still deliver :)
Things have gotten busier for us so it was mostly stay-home weekends for the past few weeks. I had to make sure that the fridge is well-stocked with food, so Leecher can continue to exercise his magic :)
Our brunch during one of the lazy weekends - our energy source before we kick start cleaning-house-campaign.
 
Ended the last weekend with soup & stir-fried duck meat with broccoli. 
*****

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails