Monday, December 2, 2013

KL Work Trip, Aug 2012: Little Penang Kafe & Aseana Cafe Bar

10756617324_d6662a6279_o
******
You can probably tell by now that I'm trying to clear as much backlog from my travels as possible on this blog. I hope to finish clearing my 2012 travel posts by year end, with 2 months to go! I just had a quick peep into my 2012 folder and realized that there are still 3 more work trips left, jiayou! I look after Southeast Asia region in my work - even so, I'll normally travel to KL and BKK. The mission is to add one more region under my cover this year, so I'll have to depend on the pre-sales team to make this happen, haha! Anyway, I'm more than happy to cover 3 regions for now :) 
P7311814P7311816
 Complimentary buggy ride to & fro to KLCC. If you missed the ride, you can always head to KLCC on foot since it is just a short walk away. By a stroke of luck, I managed to catch the buggy ride on my way out thus saving me the walk. #gettinglazy 
P7311815 
Off to KLCC for dinner. I had a hard time deciding what I want to eat, given the wide variety of restaurants available. For overseas tourists, please rem to obtain your copy of tourist privileges from Concierge.
P7311832
P7311821
After walking for a few rounds, I decided to settle my dinner at Little Penang Kafe, which serves the best of penang food all under one roof. The decor reminded me of the old nostalgic Penang kitchen, with its coloured tiles dotting the walls and floor.
P7311817P7311823P7311826P7311829 
I was starving, so I ordered 2 of their specialties to try. In fact, I do remember faintly of visiting this place before. So, I went back to trace my entries and true enough, I came here with Rinta way back in 2010. Haha, the wonders of keeping a blog where you can (digitally) lock your memories. Well, I even ordered the same food 2 years later - some things do never change! 
Little Penang Kafe
KLCC, 4th Level #409-411
Tel: 603 2163 0215
 P7311835P7311853
I took a walk in the park to walk off the excess weight that I gained from stuffing myself silly during dinner. Named as KLCC park, this park was designed to provide greenery to the twin towers & the area surrounding it.
P7311867 
The park has a 1.3km long jogging track. I spotted quite a few joggers enjoying their evening jog while heading back to the hotel. For a couple of times, I packed my jogging shoes in my luggage but never got to use it for the bed was sooo comfy. 
P7311864 
There are a couple of photo spots located around the park. At this particular spot, you get a nice view of the twin towers! 
 P7311854 
Ta-dah! With every visit to KL, I kept telling myself that I should head up to the sky bridge, but never once did I manage to do so :(
   P7311873 
Since I'm at the photo spot, must take a pic right? haha! Headed back to the hotel, showered and worked on my laptop before retiring for the night. I didn't even speak to Leecher but just messaged him good night. Sleep is more important than hubby now, lol! 
******
 Breakfast in my room the next morning for I had to prepare some work before heading to client's place for meeting. The food arrived just as I stepped out from the shower - great timing! 

P8011875P8011876 
Ordered Eggs Benedict & a glass of orange juice to kick-start the day.
 P8011903P8011904
It was back to KLCC again for lunch before I head to the airport. Instead of pondering over what to have, I headed over to the nearest restaurant that had seats/tables available.
P8011899P8011880
 Aseana Cafe & Bar, located at ground level was the choice for lunch. Thankfully, I managed to grab a table before the lunch crowd starts pouring in.
 P8011883 
Cushion seats that I can lean back and relax :)  P8011887P8011890 
Aseana is both a cafe & bar. The menu features a wide variety of scrumptious Asian & Western comfort food, complete with a selection of wines and lounge music. If I could have the luxury of time, I would definitely relax in the cushion seats and read a book or the papers.
P8011893P8011897P8011895
    I can't really remember exactly what I had - I supposed it was nasi lemak with chicken rendang.  Since I don't have any recollection, the taste must be ordinary at best, haha! 
Aseana Cafe
G15, Ground Floor, Suria KLCC
Tel: 603 2382 0395
Opening Hours: 11am till 8.30pm daily
       P8011907P8011908   
 I took the buggy ride back to the hotel for it was scorching hot to walk in the park even though there was a sheltered walk way. At least I could feel some breeze while sitting inside the buggy.
 P8011921
Reached the airport within 40 min. Somehow, I feel all the taxi drivers in KL are aiming to be F1 drivers, lol! As long as there is smooth traffic (which usually is when you hit the highways), the drivers will drive at min 130km/h. Even though I was early, I couldn't change to an earlier flight, boohoo!
P8011925 
Walking to my fave chill-out spot. 
IMG_2639 
Was on whatsapp with Leecher, then took this pic for him and send it across in case he missed me, lol! 
IMG_6817 amendedIMG_6818 amended
 Where got own hubby say his wife is old one? *smack forehead* Since you so mean to me, I shall 以牙还牙, hmp!
 IMG_2636 
Scribbling down my meeting notes & follow ups inside my little notebook. I used to carry Winnie the Pooh notebook around and my clients will always be amused by it. Since then, I have switched to a more sleek leather-bound notebook ... but I'll still stick Winnie the Pooh name stickers on the cover, lol!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails