Saturday, February 22, 2014

新年快乐 2014

WoodenHorse 
We ushered in the year of the (wooden) Horse a couple of weeks back and it was also my first CNY without baby bro. Besides lil bro who had to observe customs/traditions since he was lower in rank, the rest of us were allowed to continue with CNY celebrations. On CNY eve, we made a trip to Mandai to visit baby bro. We got new flowers and hung up the mini barney that Auntie Emily got for him. Thereafter, I headed home to both sides of the parents' place for reunion dinner. 
IMG_7863 
CNY day 1 was spent rushing between 3 places - parents-in-law, grandma and great grandma. I didn't take any pics on the 1st day due to the hectic rush. I even forgot to give great-granny her angpao till I reached home and discovered the angpao in my bag :( Immediately called my mum and ask her to give on my behalf while I TT the amt to her, lol!  Nevertheless, we spent CNY day 2 at my maternal grandparents' place, gambling & catching up with my cousins.    
IMG_7608 
Gamblers' reunite a year later
IMG_7860 
IMG_7861IMG_7862
with mummy dearest :) 
IMG_7648 
 Mummy dearest with her sisters :)
IMG_7673
CNY Day 3 was spent on visiting too, In the morning, we headed over to Bernard's place to visit Baby Aden + mahjong.
IMG_7661IMG_7662
Last year, I had the privilege of carrying Baby Raenee, Ryan's precious girl. This year, Baby Aden came along much to the delight of their parents Bernard & Steff :) He's such a charmer!
20140202_145520 

First time playing mahjong without any chips. We had to record our loss/winnings on paper, lol!
IMG_7677IMG_7680
Then it was off to Keith's 小舅 place for another round of gathering. 舅 & would whip up lots of dishes for everyone.
20140202_203847 

The cousins unite; Leecher looked really out of place amongst all his younger cousins (^^)
IMG_7693 

Before I end off this post, this is my collection of angpao for this year! Thanks to all those relatives who still gave us angpao even though we are married :) 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails