Saturday, October 10, 2015

Leeds Castle, Kent Day 2: Hello, Leeds Castle

  
I'm back with another chapter on the journey to Leeds Castle :) Though it was a busy weekend - we finally got to clearing the bomb shelter! - I decided to switch on the laptop and blog on the London adventures. Hopefully, I can keep up the momentum and try to finish this series of entries within the next couple of months *fingers crossed*
After a good night of sleep - thankfully I wasn't jet-lagged! - I woke up earlier to pack my bags since we'll be shifting accommodation. We stayed at Crowne Plaza but the place was undergoing some renovation, hence a lot of facilities were not opened. After packing, I felt hungry hence I headed up to the cafe for some breakfast for the breakfast hall is located on the 7th floor at Globe restaurant. A wonderful (mini) spread of Asian and Western cuisine is available.
All set and ready to tuck in! I started with some warm food for the tummy before heading for some yogurts/juices. Shortly after, I started to bump into familiar faces and we started catching up. It was definitely good to see one another again after 1 year!
The view from the Globe restaurant. From here, you can be greeted with views of The Gherkin (more formally known as 30 St Mary Axe) - one of the most iconic building in London, as well as the beautiful London skyline.   


With Sidney and Clarins at the lobby as we checked out of the hotel and made our way to the office building, where a shuttle bus is waiting to pick us up to Leeds Castle. Sidney arrived around evening time the day before, so she didn't join us for our shopping. Well, there is always a next time! 
Crowne Plaza Hotel London Shoreditch
100 Shoreditch High Street, Tower Hamlets
E1 6JN, London, United Kingdom
Once the coach hit the highway, I took a nap since the estimated journey will take approx 1.5h. I woke up just in time to soak in the scenery of the countryside. No pictures as the coach was moving too fast to capture anything. I love the countryside Deep down, I'm more of a countryside person than city person, though I don't deny the conveniences of living in the city.
A few turns later, we reached the entrance of Leeds Castle - check out the number of parked cars as we drove in. This must be a popular place for families and visitors to explore. We alighted from the coach and identified our luggage. The staff took down the details and informed that they will bring our luggage directly to the rooms. We then headed to the castle for briefing and lunch. 
 
Crossing the bridge across the moat to head into the castle compound. 
The conference will be held in one of the function rooms at the Maiden Tower, an elegant stone building adjacent to the Castle. This 16th century stone building was previously used for weekend house parties in the 1920s, overlooking the golf course and surrounding parkland. Besides, there are 5 en-suite bedrooms in the building and only 5 lucky people get to stay in this building and don't have to walk across the compound to attend the conference every morning, lol! Alas, I wasn't the lucky 5 :(
The conference was held in the Tudor hall, where we were divided into 5 different groups to compete against one another.
I was hungry by the time we sorted out the admin part. Time for lunch! The weather was lovely and the wind was cooling. We sat outside to enjoy the breeze while admiring the surrounding. I also met up with new faces from the other offices, which I find extremely important rather than seeing a name via email. I have to head off to sleep now, will be back soon! 
Leeds Castle,
Maidstone, Kent ME17 1PL

Tel: 01622 765400

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails