Saturday, October 17, 2015

Leeds Castle, Kent Day 2: Stables Courtyard

Looking back at these pictures made me yearn to travel again, even though I just got back from Melbourne 3 weeks ago. Well, guess I will have to wait for next wanderlust to happen :) Instead of dwelling in my "sadness", I channeled my energy to another chapter of London travelogue! The first part of the conference zoomed past with a tea/coffee break in between. As evening came, the "tedious" part of the conference officially ended and we retreated back to our respective rooms to freshen up before pre-dinner drinks in the Castle Library.
All rooms were randomly selected, but the bosses get the better rooms in the Castle, where there are 20 sumptuous bedrooms, where five of which have four posters bed and original art deco marble bathrooms. Besides the castle, there are other accommodation available in the Maiden Tower as well as Stable Courtyard - the furthest away from the Castle. My room was assigned at Stable Courtyard; a 15 min walk from the Castle compound.
Staying at Bedroom 2.
With my keys in hand, I began my walk to Stables Courtyard. A few of us were stationed there as well, so we got company as we walked and soaked in the scenery. Those wooden benches were reminiscent of my schooling days, where we'll wait for one another before/after classes and copying working on our lecture notes/tutorials.
The whole building with just 3 bedrooms, haha! Bedroom 2 is on the 2nd floor - hmm, thankfully my luggage is not that heavy if not I'll have difficulties dragging it down on the day of departure.
Stable Courtyard rooms are luxury en-suite rooms refurbished to the highest standard offering indulgence and comfort. I wasn't expecting modern bathrooms, but boy - I'm liking the bathtub and the shower area :) The bathroom was so big that I can put in a mahjong table with 4 chairs.  
Overlooking the Culpeper Garden, which was originally the site of the castle's kitchen garden. 
  
While heading back to the Castle, we were greeted by this lovely peacock roaming freely. What a pretty sight! *out came all phones and cameras to take pictures*
Then, the peahen came along. The peacock (male) is usually an iridescent shade of bright blue and the enormous trains (tail feathers) to help attract mates. On the other hand, the peahen (female) tend to have duller colours like brown, grey or cream. An interesting fact - only the female peafowl build nests and incubate the eggs while the males show no parental involvement at all #soirresponsible, haha!
 As it was getting late, we hurried off to the main Castle and headed for pre-drinks session. More on that in another post!

❤ ❤ ❤ Read the rest of my London-Kent Castle adventures here ❤ ❤ ❤
Leeds Castle, Kent Day 1: Arrival in London 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails