Monday, November 18, 2013

Junior Chefs @ Work II - Sep Edition

Long weekend for me this week :) Been ages since I took a break from work and it certainly felt great to be home on a Monday. No Monday blues for me this week, haha! Since I'm home today, I decided to make my day useful instead of just spending the day watching drama. So, here I am loading/blogging about Junior Chefs Sep edition while Leecher is now in the kitchen preparing our meals for the day :)
IMG_6256IMG_6258 
We were feeling hungry & Leecher prepared this late night snack for us to munch, lol! Super sinful with lots of cheese but I love it :) I did helped to grate the cheese block and sprinkle the cheese over the mushrooms.
IMG_6376
Since we had the oven out on the table, Leecher decided to try out this recipe that he found online. I made a "baking tray" from aluminum foil & guess what, I cut my finger. I was shocked when blood oozed out, but the plus side is - I get to rest simply by showing Leecher the plaster I put on my finger, haha!
IMG_6392IMG_6330 
Tofu dish that mummy dearest used to cook for us & Leecher recreated this for me, yeah! Lil bro showed this to mummy dearest and she told us that she'll buy tofu from the wet market as that is smoother & softer than the one we bought from supermarket. My mum is the best lah!
 IMG_6393
Steamed ngoh hiang from the wet market as well. Even though I'm not quite a fan of 酿豆腐, this tasted pretty decent to me.
IMG_6345IMG_6331
I love steamed fishes so we'll have that once in a while, whenever mummy dearest give us fresh fishes bought from the wet market. Given that we don't cook every day of the week, there are times when the fish is no longer "fresh", so we'll fried it instead.
IMG_6324 IMG_6360 
We even prepared our breakfast :) Since Leecher was on a "diet" for a couple of days, I decided to accompany him on his salad journey. Since I'm not really a fan of greens, I packed my salad box to be filled with fruits + croutons + sunflower seeds + thousand island sauce.
IMG_6335 
healthy start to the day! I must admit that I got pretty hungry by lunch time & ate more than usual, lol!  
IMG_6382IMG_6344 
Mummy dearest gave us some of her 卤肉 while Leecher whipped out some greens to balance the meal. 
IMG_6406IMG_6417 
Sometimes, we'll have pasta for dinner. I'm the in-charge for cooking both rice & pasta while Leecher takes care of the rest. On several days, I'll cook extra pasta so we can have that for breakfast the following day.  
IMG_6367IMG_6369 
OK - Leecher has finished cooking & I'm off for my meal :) 
******

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails