Sunday, October 4, 2015

Leeds Castle, Kent Day 1: Breakfast & Shopping in London

Once everyone has freshened up, we headed for breakfast. The morning breeze caressed my face as soon as I walked out of the warm hotel lobby. We stayed at the same hotel for a night before moving to Leeds Castle for an official start of the conference the next morning. 
Back to Patisserie Valerie for breakfast. This seemed to be the same routine during the sales conference, since I remembered visiting this place previously. We always ended up at the same place, lol! I ordered a pot of hot English Breakfast Tea (£2.75) to warm up my body from the chilly morning breeze.
We decided to sit outside since the weather was lovely and get to people-watch, haha! 
 
Having breakfast together with the HK team - Kathy, Clarins and Cindy. Kathy was just hired when we attended the conference, but she has left us for greener pasture earlier in August. Good luck in your new venture!
The cafe served all day breakfast and brunch (hooray!) and we ordered a set each. As usual, Eric ordered Full English Breakfast set, which came with 2 poached eggs, fried/scrambled eggs, bacon, cumberland sausage, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans and toast (£7.95) while Kathy & Clarins went for Eggs Benedict instead (£7.80), love the hollandaise sauce covering the poached eggs! 
 I went for my fave - scrambled eggs with smoked salmon on granary toast (£7.95). Ignore the Heinz Tomato Ketchup, as Eric "photobomed" my picture, haha! 
Patisserie Valerie
37 Brushfield Street, London
E1 6AA, United Kingdom
Tel: 44 020 7247 4906

After a hearty breakfast, we walked around the area before adjouring to ...... Selfridges, lol! Check out the loots that we bought! I love my Cath Kidston purchases and even brought it to Finland for our Northern Lights adventure (more on that for another day!)
As night came, I was glad to head back to my own room for a good night rest! Till the next post, tata :)
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails